How To Detangle Productivity And Your Self-Worth

 “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.”– Buddha

Being the eldest, I was born with a responsibility to be more mature, productive, and understanding, as I believed it would decide my self-worth. With passing years, even when I was in high school, university, and ultimately in professional life, I had a “firm faith” that my self-worth is only there if I am productive. Due to this, I had developed such a workaholic routine.

I find it extremely hard to “let go of work and take time for myself.” In fact, if I do take time, I feel like I am procrastinating and guilty of skipping work”.

Now that the weekend is just around the corner and I feel no shy admitting that I am scared to “Relax.” I know I am exhausted and want to rest or watch my favourite show. But, I can’t stop the continuous internal nagging: You should be using this time to work! This is a wonderful time to prove yourself; you can rest later. You always wanted to prove yourself and your time is here- Look, the weekend is here, and you can complete all your pending work.

So are you really going to Just Relax and Waste Your Precious Time?

You know, the answer to this is very clear. However, at times this internal conflict gets so strong that not only does it make me feel guilty but also triggers anxiety. This anxiety then keeps bothering me for days. I keep telling myself countless times that I am not enthusiastic enough, it gets self-resentful, and I disturb both my productivity and self-worth.

Continue reading How To Detangle Productivity And Your Self-Worth


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons Why Product Quality Matters and Why You Should Never Compromise on Quality

5 Ways To Style Your Strappy Sandals

Writing About Friendship: How To Write A Great Essay